Ski pants are an important barrier between you and the elements, and there are options for every skier and budget. To remain warm on the lift trips up, resort-goers usually choose for a basic hard-shell style with some modest insulation. Soft shell and hybrid choices for enhanced range of motion and breath-ability are plentiful for backcountry skiers. Of course, for individuals who want to do a little bit of both, some of our recommended mens ski pants toe the line. Give the Legendary Pant from Helly Hansen a look if you’re looking for a wonderfully clean resort pant with a good bump in warmth. The Legendary includes a touch of softness in the butt and knees for chilly lift rides, and the 2-layer waterproof shell is ideal for riders who don’t usually work up a sweat. We particularly appreciate the Norwegian company’s straightforward design, which comes in a range of colors and should match almost any jacket combo.
In terms of movement, the Legendary uses a mechanical stretch fabric similar to the hybrid hard/soft-shell trousers mentioned before. Both side country walks and downhill travel benefit from the greater “give”.
- The Tex Garment Zone made this Ski pant from 100 percent recycled fabric, and nice overall appearance Patagonia has incorporated excellent features.
- Mid-range model like low-profile zippers on the side vents and spacious pockets, and it’s made to endure punishment at the resort with a tough 150-denier shell.
- The Powder Bowl is on the baggy side of things when it comes to fit.
- They provide a combination of warmth and weather protection. In most cases, the insulating layer is synthetic. The thickness of the insulation is measured in grams, and the greater the number, the warmer and better insulated the trousers will be.
- 3-In-1 mens ski pants are equipped with a waterproof and weatherproof outer shell which has a layer that wicks or isolates the trousers inside or may be pulled within.
- Shape fitting, waist, hips and thigh custom made. These ski trousers are frequently useful for layering since they have a more dynamic shape around the body.